Vaughn GX2 Senior Goalie Skate
Vaughn GX2 Senior Goalie Skate Boot Features:
- Boot side quarter panels are a carbon finish synthetic reinforced material that is heat moldable
- Boot trim around the heel, ankle and eyelet stays are white synthetic leather
- Outsole of the boot is 100% molded carbon fiber for stiffness and skate control
- Toe box is designed with a longer inside toe edge for added comfort, more space and protection
- Inner lining is a synthetic leather with high abrasion resistance, and also increased grip when wet, giving superior skate control by reducing foot slip inside the boot.
- Inner boot constructed with resin filled support structure this allows the boot to be heated and molded to the user’s foot to a greater extent than other types of construction.
- Molded ankle areas are anatomically designed and positioned for proper fit and feature molded plastic inserts over the ankle bone for increased skate durability and added protection.
- Rear heel stretch neoprene provides a flex point at the Achilles tendon this allows the goaltender more reach and flex to extend for better save range.
- Carbon reinforcement in the heel to over ankle area helps secure the foot into the skate
- Higher side quarter panels wrap around the foot improving fit and reducing lace pull for added comfort
- Forward lean design put the goaltender in a natural athletic position and properly places the foot in an anatomical position where speed and quickness can be maximized.
- The tongue is constructed with an orthopedic base with a HD molded insert to spread lace pressure, this combination and the lean forward design eliminates lace bit pressure and gives incredible comfort not found in other goal skates.
Vaughn GX2 Senior Goalie Skate Shell/Blade Features:
- Lighter weight cut down inner edge, the design and construction provides greater stiffness for more power to the ice.
- Beveled inner edge at ball of the foot allows lower blade contact angle to the ice to maintain control longer and recover quicker.
- 3 blade mounting screws allows for easy blade change, 3 screws provide redundancy any one can fail and the skate still be functional keeping the goalie in the game
- Two front screws are positioned closer together in the front this limits torque and twist on the blade when pushing providing greater power transfer to the ice.
- Design allows the skate to be sharpened on any type of holder to ensure the ability for easy sharpening.
- High strength injection gives the shell incredible strength and provides excellent protection to the bony areas of the foot which are more susceptible to impact injury.
- Standard stainless steel for the first years production as an introductory offer we include a spare set of pro pitch runners.
Differences from the GX1 Skate
- Boot exterior materials are different and color is different, internal structure on boot is the same.
- Insole is same design and materials just different color.
- Shell is the cut down inner edge but remember the shells are made to be easily removed with screws instead of rivets, and shell is designed to cut back to the user preference, inside area of shell is pre market with two cut locations.
- The GX 2 is slightly lighter because of the cut down shell
- The GX 2 is packaged completely different from other skates, GX 2 comes in a carry bag to protect the skates also great for transporting the skate for sharpening, bag has pockets for extra screws tool, and spare set of blades and name window. Very high end presentation.
- Model number printed at ankle area on outside edge.
All Vaughn goal skates use a standard form of sizing that is common in the industry, each full size gets 6 mm or ¼ larger in length, so a half size is 3 mm or 1/8. You will find goalies tend to get their skate too large mostly to accommodate how uncomfortable the toe area on skates have been in the past. Because the Vaughn skate is more comfortable and allows the toe area to sit flat often we see goaltenders can use a half size smaller than what they have normally used. This is definitely not a skate to go big on size.
We have 3 shell sizes skates 8 to 9.5 use a common size, size 10 to 11.5 use a common size and 12 and up uses another size. This keeps blade choices in 3 sizes as well we do stock shells that can be sold separately and will fit other brands of skates, our shell price is considerably less than other brands as well. Shells fit all models and can also be cut back on inner edge to customize to the users preference.
Minimum Advertised Price (M.A.P.) Item: This item is not eligible for discounts or coupons due to manufacturer imposed pricing restrictions.
Please Note: The products on this page may only be shipped within the United States
Includes FREE professional skate sharpening (1st time sharpening only)